Madison County, Iowa is a wonderful place to call home. Centrally-located just 30 miles southwest of the state capital of Des Moines and just 15 miles from two major interstates, Madison County offers affordable living with all major amenities, an award-winning healthcare system, top-rated school districts, recreation, entertainment, business and job opportunities, tourism attractions, and much, much more. Earlham, St. Charles, Winterset, and the other communities within the county are active and flourishing, but the beautiful countryside offers an oasis of serenity for those who wish to unwind at the end of a busy day.
Madison County is part of the Des Moines Metro Statistical Area (MSA) which consists of Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk and Warren counties, which is experiencing tremendous growth—more than a 30% increase in population. Madison County itself has the 7th highest percentage of business growth among all 99 counties in Iowa. Housing units increased 6.5% from 2010-2017, 7th highest in the state. Among small cities (populations of 5,000-9,999) in Iowa, Winterset is the 3rd fastest growing in the state.
Making the decision to move to Madison County is a great one and we are here to help ease your transition to your new community.
We hope these links help you get settled:
- Driver’s Licenses, Vehicle Registrations
- Financing, Mortgage & Insurance
- Healthcare: Madison County Health Care System
- Home Builders & Contractors
- Home & Garden
- Postal Service: Change your mailing address by filling out a form at your local post office or by changing it on the USPS website
- Earlham – 125 E 1st St
- Macksburg – 104 E North St
- St. Charles – 129 W Main St
- Truro – 200 E North St
- Winterset – 120 N. 2nd Avenue