“50 Years through the Lens”
Photography Contest & Exhibition
Entries Accepted: Monday, August 19th – Tuesday, September 10th at the Madison County Chamber of Commerce
Judging will be completed by Monday, September 30th
Notifications will be made on October 1st
Non-Winning Entries Pick-Up: Entries that will not be exhibited must be collected between October 1st – October 8th from the Chamber of Commerce.
Exhibition: Winning entries will be displayed at the American Legion Hall in Winterset during the Covered Bridge Festival.
Winning Entries Pick-Up: Winning entries must be collected October 15th-22nd from the Chamber of Commerce.
- By entering the contest, I certify that the photos being entered were taken by me and not by another person. I certify that I am of the age listed under the division I selected (Adult or Youth). I also certify that I have not submitted any additional photos under an assumed name. If it is found that I have done any of these, my entries will be disqualified.
- This is a juried exhibition. Only those photos selected by the panel of judges will be exhibited.
- Each photographer may enter up to six (6) photos. Each photo must be of a different subject matter (i.e. do not submit more than one photo of the same person).
- Each photo must be entered in only one category.
- Photos can be any size up to and including 11”x14” but must be mounted on 11”x14” foam core or gator board, or inside of an 11”x14” mat with a backing. Nothing larger than 11”x14” may be submitted. (i.e. You may submit a 5”x7” print as long as it is matted or mounted on 11”x14” board, or you may enter an 11”x14” mounted print without a mat.) A completed Entry Blank (see below) must be taped to the back of each entry.
- All photos must be unframed. There should be no hooks or wires attached to the back of entries. Do not cover with cellophane, acetate or glass. There should be no spray adhesive or self-stick adhesive exposed that could damage another person’s photos.
- Photographer’s name, photo title, date of photo or any other text must not appear on the front of your entry.
- Any entry that does not meet the above requirements will not be judged.
- Photos will be handled with care. However, the Madison County Chamber of Commerce, the Winterset Art Center, and the Covered Bridge Festival committee are not responsible for any loss or damage.
Entering in Person
Entries will be accepted during normal business hours at the Madison County Chamber of Commerce starting Monday, August 19th through Tuesday, September 10th. All entries must be accompanied by a completed Entry Form and a completed Entry Blank must be taped to the back of each entry.
Entering by Mail
Entries may be mailed to the Madison County Chamber of Commerce, 73 Jefferson Street, Winterset IA 50273. They must be received no sooner than August 19th and no later than September 10th to qualify for judging. You must include your photos, entry form, and entry fee in the same package. Be sure that photos are packed well to prevent any damage during shipment. However, entries (winning or non-winning) will not be shipped back via mail. They must be picked up in person (see information below).
Picking up Photos in Person
Non-winning entries may be picked up starting on October 1st through October 8th during normal business hours at the Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
Winning entries may be picked up starting on November 4th during normal business hours at the Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
Any entries that are not picked up by November 11th will be discarded unless prior arrangements have been made.
Divisions & Categories
Each photographer can enter up to six (6) photos.
Categories should be determined by the main subject matter of each photo.
Each photo may only be entered in one category.
All photos must be mounted on 11”x14” foam core or gator board, or inside of an 11”x14” mat with backing.
Photos may be in color or black & white.
Adult (19 & over)
Youth (18 & under)
Categories under Each Division:
(1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place & Honorable Mention)
Madison County Landscapes
People of Madison County
Our Covered Bridges
The Covered Bridge Festival
Local Animals & Insects