The Madison County Chamber of Commerce continues to monitor the changing developments of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its impact on our membership and our community.
We advise all businesses and organizations to be ready to implement strategies to protect their organization and their employees from COVID-19 and have proactive plans to ensure continuity. These steps are preemptive and will help to mitigate risk as you continue to do business.
Please consider the following resources as you prepare for the impact of COVID-19.
Madison County Back to Business
- Review the Back to Business Toolkit and the Resource Guide for Reopening Business
- Learn what every business and community can do to decrease the spread of the virus.
- Visit the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives crisis management resource center and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce resources and guidelines for business.
- Review Iowa Department of Public Health’s workplace considerations as well as information from Madison County Public Health
- Utilize these industry-specific playbooks compiled by the Greater Des Moines Partnership, which contain information and recommendations for guiding businesses and organizations through ever-changing landscapes.
- Now, more than ever, small businesses need your support. The Membership Directory is a great place to start.
- If you are doing business with a local provider and your needs have changed, do your best to postpone the work and not cancel.
Resources for Iowans
- Childcare & Daycare Availability Map, Iowa
Providers and Availability
- Economic Development Authority, Iowa
Summary of Programs & Initiatives
- Finance Authority, Iowa
Summary of Programs & Initiatives
- Housing Recovery, Iowa
Foreclosure, Rental and Iowa Title Guaranty Information
Iowa Business Information on COVID-19
- Inspections & Appeals, Iowa Department of
FAQ for Food & Lodging Businesses
- Iowa Bankers Association
Guidance for Financial Institutions
Guidance for Consumers
- Iowa Small Business Development Center
How to Prepare Your Small Business for Coronavirus
- Legal Aid, Iowa
Resources for Civil Legal Issues
- Public Health, Iowa Department of
Guidelines for Donating Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Outbreak Guidance for Businesses
- Restaurant Association, Iowa
Restaurant Resources & Restaurant Employee Relief Fund Donations
- Revenue, Iowa Department of
Tax Implications for Iowans
- Transportation, Iowa Department of
DOT Facility Closures & Safety
- Tourism Office, Iowa
Resources for Tourism Partners
- Utilities Board, Iowa
Order Extending Winter Moratorium for Electric and Natural Gas Customers
- Volunteer Iowa
COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities
- Workforce Development, Iowa
Unemployment Insurance Resources & Guidance
Assistance for employees and employers affected by COVID-19 related layoffs
- Alcoholic Beverages Division, Iowa
Updated Rules and Regulations for Bars & Restaurants
- Internal Revenue Service
Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Coronavirus Response and Resources
- Independent Contractor’s Guide to CARES Act Relief
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Temporary Paid Leave and Family Medical Leave Guide
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program Guide
- Employee Retention Tax Credit Guide
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- State by State Business Reopening Guidance
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- The White House
Opening Up America